The Office for Global Research Engagement at the International Center can help UF faculty identify and prepare a grant proposal with an international focus to advance teaching, research, public service and outreach. The resources below are designed to guide faculty through the process of locating, writing, submitting and administering grants, contracts and fellowships at UF.
Everything about Funding for International Projects
International Funding Sources - This presentation provides information about funding sources from federal and state agencies to private donors. The presentation also has a list of online databases that can help locate funding sources for projects with international topics.
The Grant Process
This is a series of presentations on how to develop a grant proposal and its submission through UF's Division of Sponsored Programs.
- Basic overview of the proposal process from identifying funding to writing the proposals
- Preparing a Grant Budget
The Office for Global Research Engagement (OGRE) has identified Key Contacts within the University of Florida to assist faculty and those involved in developing international grant proposals to obtain targeted/context specific help. For contacts click here.
- If you are interested in submitting a proposal to a funding agency, you'll need to work with UF's Division of Sponsored Programs. See below for resources on the pre-award and post-award process at UF:
- DSP Proposal Processing and Pre-award Services
- Institutional Research Boards (IRB)
- Research Compliance (including policies and procedures, use of human subjects in research, use of vertebrate animals in research, environmental health & safety and research compliance, RCR, conflict of interest, export controls, national policy on the transfer of scientific, technical and engineering information, intellectual property, etc.)
- International Agreements through UFIC
- International Agreement for Projects through DSP
Budget preparation and management:
- Preparing a Budget (DSP Researcher’s Handbook)
- Fringe Benefits Pool
- F&A IDC rates
- Cost-sharing policy
- Tuition on Grants, Contracts and Other Sponsored Agreements (Tuition/fee calculator)
- UF George A. Smathers Libraries Grants Management Program
- IFAS International Programs
- Center for African Studies
- Center for European Studies
- Center for Latin American Studies
Click here to subscribe to the official UF’s Office of Research newsletter to learn about opportunities for funding, research activities and awards, and news at UF.
UF's Office of Research also offers funding support for international research projects, faculty exchanges, conferences held in Gainesville, and travel to visit potential donors. Click here to learn about UF's internal support.