Once Approved: Additional Requirements
Once you have been approved to participate in your program, please continue to monitor your online application for new questionnaires or materials to submit prior to departure. We also encourage you to stay in communication with your Study Abroad Advisor for information specific to your program. Please visit the links on the left of this page for general requirements.
Your Study Abroad Application
There are a few materials that all study abroad participants must complete prior to departure.
- Students must submit a copy of their passport’s signature and photo pages.
- Students must submit their flight information as soon as available.
- Students are required to read the pre-departure manual and the mandatory UFIC pre-departure orientation.
- Students on non-UF programs must submit their host institution acceptance letter.
For program specific requirements, please log into your application or contact your Study Abroad Advisor.
Courses for your Study Abroad Program
Please see the information below regarding your type of program and the registration procedure for the term you are abroad.
- If you participate in an Affiliated or Non-UF program, you will not be registered for courses but will receive a comment line on your transcript indicating your status as a study-abroad student. Your ISIS transcript will continue to read “courses in progress” until your foreign transcript has been processed by our office and sent to the Registrar for final processing. You will also have a hold placed on your record stating that you are unable to graduate or receive a diploma until these courses have been reported to the UF Registrar (please note that this hold doesn’t block course registration for future semesters).
- If you participate in a UF Exchange program, we will register you for the total number of credits you indicated on your Academic Advising Form. These credits will appear on your record as a block of credits under a class code such as “IDS 4956”. This will remain on your transcript until we receive and process your foreign transcript and send it to the Registrar for final processing. You will also have a hold placed on your record stating that you are unable to graduate or receive a diploma until these courses have been reported to the UF Registrar; however, please note that this hold doesn’t block course registration for future semesters. If you believe that you are registered for an incorrect number of credits, please contact your Study Abroad Advisor immediately.
- If you participate in a UF Sponsored program, we will register you for the UFGPA classes. If you participate in a program earning transfer credit, the transcript-credit courses will not appear on your record until after your foreign transcript has been fully processed. Additionally, students on transfer-credit UF programs will also have holds placed on their records blocking graduation until these courses have been reported to the UF Registrar. This hold does not block course registration for future semesters.
If you have any questions about the type of credit earned on your program, please contact your Study Abroad Advisor.
You should not try to register yourself through ISIS for the courses that you wish to take as a part of your program overseas as study abroad courses are not available for ISIS registration. Additionally, please be sure to remove all of your holds that block registration and make sure that you drop any “back-up classes” in which you may have registered yourself.