The Scarborough Agency has provided an insurance option for international students for over 17 years. The agency established this award to show appreciation for the opportunity to work with international students at the University of Florida.
The Scarborough Scholarship will be given to two international students enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D. program in the amount of $1,000.00 each.
The nominees should meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrates unforeseen financial difficulty due to medical circumstances.*
- Currently enrolled full-time at the University of Florida
- Patient held insurance at the time of the incident
- Maintains at least a 3.0 G.P.A.
- Holds a non-immigrant F-1/J-1 student visa in good status. Cases involving F-2 and J-2 dependents will be considered, but dependents must have their own insurance to qualify
Upon meeting the above criteria you may nominate yourself or another student by submitting the following:
- An essay describing the unforeseen circumstances.
- Supporting Documentation (receipts, bills, letters from professionals, etc)
A selection committee appointed by the University of Florida International Center will rank and choose the submitted nominees.*
*Note: Essays and documentation are confidential and are only viewed by the UFIC selection committee.