J-1 UF Sponsored Students
The Exchange Visitor Services (EVS) unit at UF's International Center (UFIC) is committed to ensuring the integration of international students and families into the life of the University of Florida and the city of Gainesville.
The EVS staff at UFIC is here to assist you with making a smooth transition to American culture and student life at the university. Every year the University of Florida hosts some 4500 international students on its beautiful campus. International students may come to the United States in F-1 or J-1 visa status.
Some of the services provided by EVS for international J-1 students are:
- Processing DS-2019s for new incoming students
- Advise international students and staff regarding immigration compliance, visa status maintenance and acculturation issues.
- Offer workshops on employment; collaborate with other campus units to present workshops on cultural adjustment and other topics.
- Develop, plan, conduct and implement orientation programs for new students.
- Collaborate with other UF departments to increase the level of understanding regarding immigration issues and the role of International services.
The content from this section is only for J-1 students who are:
- Admitted UF degree seeking students and requiring to be sponsored by the University of Florida on the J-1 program to come to the United States
- Non-degree seeking students sponsored by a UF faculty to take courses toward a degree being pursued abroad and who are not from an exchange partner institution.
Non-Degree Exchange Students
Click here if you are a Non-degree students from a exchange partner institution.
Go here if you are an admitted UF degree seeking students coming to the US as F-1 students.
Non-UF J-1 Students
J-1 Non-UF Sponsered students must contact Ms. Debra Anderson for any assistance.