On-Campus Employment

J-1 students who are maintaining status may work part-time on campus while classes are in session. "Part-time" means not more than 20 hours per pay week (Friday through Thursday).

J-1 students need written authorization from their international student adviser or responsible officer of their exchange visitor program.

Student assistantships are considered "on-campus employment" and therefore are also limited to 20 hours per week. During vacation periods and academic breaks, you may work full-time on-campus if you are returning to classes the following term. You may not work on-campus after completing your course of study. If you are continuing for another educational program, consult your international student adviser.

For links to some of the available on-campus job search resources, click here.