The Undergraduate Academic Programs office leads implementation of UF’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Learning Without Borders: Internationalizing the Gator Nation, a five year (2014-2019) institution-wide initiative that promotes undergraduate student global awareness and intercultural communication campus-wide. The Undergraduate Academic Programs office is also responsible for management and administration of the International Studies Program, an interdisciplinary undergraduate major in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
Undergraduate Academic Programs enhances UF’s and the International Center’s global learning mission through the following focus areas:
- Administration of the International Scholars Program, a campus-wide opportunity available to undergraduate students as avenues to internationalize their global learning experience.
- Implementation of the Learning Without Borders Study Abroad Scholarship to increase participation of underrepresented students in Study Abroad programs in intentional, targeted ways.
- Collaboration with UF colleges, departments/centers and their faculty to develop, enhance and increase the number of UF Faculty-led study abroad programs and on-campus UF International Coursework offerings.
- Support to the development and promotion of international and intercultural-focused events, doing so in partnership and co-sponsorship with Student Affairs departments, UF academic units and student organizations. This includes creating opportunities for meaningful intercultural engagement between international and US students.
- Coordination of the UFIC Global Challenges and International Career Pathways Speaker Series.
- Develop and support to the management of the UF Global Calendar, a centralized outreach platform to share global and intercultural resources and events across campus.