Marilyn Little Scholarship
The International Committee of Altrusa International of Gainesville annually awards the Marilyn Little Scholarship to international students in their fourth year of undergraduate studies or in graduate school studies with a major of particular need in their home country. Three $1000 scholarships will be awarded in 2018. Completed application packets are due February 2, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. Packets can be either brought to the J. Wayne Reitz Union, Suite 1025 to the attention of Myra F. Morgan or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late applications will NOT be considered. Recipients will be chosen by Altrusa International of Gainesville and will be notified no later than March 9, 2018.
To be considered for a Marilyn Little Altrusa Scholarship, applicants must comply with all of the following requirements:
- Have a minimum UF 3.3 upper division GPA or a 3.5 Graduate School GPA
- Be enrolled as a full time fourth year undergraduate student or as a graduate student
who has been enrolled at UF for a least 1 semester before applying for the scholarship
- Provide letters of support indicating service to the university and/or community
- Previous recipients are not eligible to apply
- Answer the following question:
Give a brief description of your background and field of study. Describe your goals
for the future using your education in 5, 10 years. How will this award help you achieve your goals?
- List your campus and/or community involvement and positions you have held.
- List your academic achievements, awards and honors.
Application Packet Checklist
The following pages must be submitted in ONE packet by 4:00 p.m. on February 2, 2018 to Myra F. Morgan, J. Wayne Reitz Union, Suite 1025 or email@example.com. Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- Cover sheet to include name/email address/home country/UFID
- TWO letters of recommendation. One must be from a faculty member
- Essay (double spaced) answering all application questions
- An unofficial transcript from the University of Florida
- Name/UFID on each page
- DO NOT staple any of the documents